Saturday, March 29, 2008

Boy, the weather guys got today wrong...,

Wow. What a day! Beautiful weather, perfect temps-had to go outside and play a bit. Oh yeah-the shoulder.....,

I met up with Dave at the Comet and we headed out. I had taken 800 mg of Motrin and a Tylenol #3 so life was pretty rosey-for a while. We hit Floyd rd, did the u-trun and pointed our bikes towards Rockmart. I was in the 140s for HR and actually felt good about being there. In the early season, it's about base. Anything over 138 and fire rains down from heaven. But, Gulf Coast is near and I gotta really ride now that the swim will totally suck. So, I push. Dave had no idea what I was doing. He pulled up and asked me if I was on a mission. Whatever.

The ride was really good. Had some wind but that's just part of it. At one point, Dave and I were racing uphill (on the Comet, that's a misnomer) and maintaining a speed of around 25 mph. Good times. I broke first or should I say-my shoulder was hurting pretty bad by this time. Dave never looked back. He is going to kick some SERIOUS ASS at GC this year. I fully expect him to be low 2:00s, maybe sub 2:00. He can really move on the bike.

I caught him at the tunnel and we turned around. Coming back, the shoulder hurt but I wanted to get home. We got passed by a skinny roadie type and Dave had to go. See ya!

Great day of training. About 52 miles or so. Felt good. At least I know the shoulder will survive the bike and run.

Tomorrow, I'm going to Kennesaw Mtn for 11 miles. Should be a great day for a run.

No comments: