Friday, March 28, 2008

Percocet Flavored Running

Yep-the shoulder hurts. Not a pain that's unbearable but a dull throbbing and general weakness in the joint. It's enough to make me pay attention to it. If one does endurance sports long enough, you learn to deal with aches and pains. I can't ignore this one.

I've been taking pain meds and trying to run. I tell you, you just haven't lived yet until you've run 6 miles in a Percocet haze. The Mp3 player becomes your best friend, especially when Eddie Vetter is blasting out "Hard Sun." So, today is going to be different.

No pain meds. None.

We'll see how that goes. I don't want to lose fitness and I need to be in the pool. I just can't figure out how to swim with one arm. Maybe they'll let me wear a water wing for that side.

MRI on Thursday. Hopefully it will just show a strain and nothing The pain is really starti ng else. I've still got time to salvage the swim if the diagnosis is positive.

Hopefully.

Update: The pain is starting to impact my ability to sit still and concentrate. I may not be able to go without some form of pain med today. Damn-it hurts.

No comments: