Thursday, March 6, 2008

A Day in the Life of a Teacher

For all those who have been there....,

So, this morning my class was giggling. This is always worrisome to a teacher but I thought it was the rain and hormones. I could not have been more wrong. Just before class, I went to the bathroom. I noticed a different feel on my zipper but never checked to make sure the barn door was closed. Alas, my zipper was broken and the world knew my business. I, being the clueless type, walked around my classroom, totally oblivious to the fact that my zipper was gaping like some lewd clothing monster. More giggles. More being clueless. The class ended and I went the restroom (I have to pee when a bell rings). I quickly discovered my wardrobe malfunction. I borrowed two large safety pins and tried to repair the damage amidst more laughs from the front office staff. I immediately stabbed myself with the safety pin by pinning my thumb to my crotch. Clearly, this was not a solution. I could not get the safety pin to close the gap so I yanked out my shirt and covered the now obvious gap. This is a clear signal to everyone that my zipper is broken and I am an idiot. Jeez-it's only first period.

No comments: