Sunday, April 13, 2008

Diagnosis

So, I went to the guy with all the initials after his name and braced myself for the news.

Nothing is torn. Nothing is broken. Hell, nothing is wrong. Except for the pain. That's what is wrong.

So, what to do?

I went to Busch Gardens in Tampa to mull things over. I ran and biked and studiously avoided any contact with water or goggles. My shoulder still hurts. The doc says it's a chronic overuse injury exacerbated by the fact the shoulder has been separated twice and broken once.

Whatever.

I got back late Saturday and went for a ride on Sunday. Stupid. The winds howled and despite my best efforts, the ride sucked. So, I went to the pool. I pull up to the Y and guess what? The pool is closed. No, not the usual poop excuse but the place was ROBBED last night. Seriously, who in the hell wants to get on the karma train?

So, best case scenario: I swim at Tanner and I'll see how it feels. My goal is to finish the GC swim before dark. I'll really push the bike and aim for a sub 2:30 bike split. It'll take whatever I have left in me to get under 5:50 on the run.

Gulf Coast is gonna hurt a bit....,

No comments: