Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I think I'm done.....,

So, I swam last night and things are not any better. While the shoulder may be okay in the eyes of the doc, I'm starting to realize that I ain't getting younger and this is the only body I have. I tend to agree with others when they say balance is the key to a happy life. Tri-Geeks tend to be obsessive and overly motivated to achieve more and more. That drive often decimates the body during a season creating an entire new motivation of rehab and getting stronger.

I'm tired. And frankly, I'm over it.

GC is out there and I know it's just not going to be a pretty thing. I may be able to swim the distance in 55-58 minutes. Maybe. I'm not even sure my shoulder will take that. Then, I'll have to attack the bike to make up time. Assuming I can walk after the bike, the real race starts with the run. I started this year knowing I could do sub-5:30 at GC. Knowing it.

Now I don't even know that I can finish the swim.

That sucks. And it makes me very sad and somewhat depressed. I just need to heal.

I just need some time....,

No comments: