Friday, June 27, 2008

Thoughts on training and Scootin

Ran 6 yesterday at the mountain. Felt good except for the damn heat. My knees are really sore when I first start but are usually okay around mile 2. Next week will see a jump up in mileage. Nothing crazy but I think I'll start running 8 daily and see how it feels. My goal is to stay off the injury list at all costs. Six Gap looms and I haven't been on a bike in ages. Maybe this weekend I'll get out and turn some miles. It's just fun not having a race and the pressure that goes with it. July 1st is the day many events open their registrations. I'll be here with my credit card...,

My family and I are thinking about doing BRAG next year for a vacation. How cool would that be? I'm on the hunt for my daughter an inexpensive road bike. Kids today don't take care of themselves and diabetes is through the friggin roof. My kid is going to be okay (regardless if she wants to be or not.)

On the scooter front, I filled it up yesterday with premium. $10.19. That will last about two to three weeks, depending on how much scootin I do. I got about 200 miles from the last tank. It's fun. I haven't been terrified yet but I am really in a state of hyperawareness when I'm on it.

1 comment:

Laina said...

Hey there... glad to see you're still training. Keep up the good work! Thanks for reading my blog and leaving me comments...