Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The High Museum and a hot run

I went to the High Museum today with 314 of my closest friends. If you haven't been in a while or are traveling to Atlanta soon, it's worth the visit.

On display are literally hundreds of Civil Rights era photographs that depict the battle of the African American to gain equality in America. As I write this, the images are swirling in my brain and I'm sure they'll make it into my dreams tonight. The rawness of the human spirit is on display and it is quite moving. The purpose of the trip was to workshop art into the teaching of literature. If you have a kid, they should be in Cobb County schools. We are definitely upping the game and the fire is hot for student achievement.

Pretty cool.

My program has me running 2 lousy miles tonight. I think my HR got to around 110 because of the heat. Of course, Saturday morning is a different (and more painful) story.

Whatever, I'll take it...,

No comments: