Sunday, August 10, 2008

Just damn. Another fall...,

I'm too old for this. Way too old.

I got up this morning around 6 because I had to get the 8 miler done early. Charlotte's half-dead Yorkie, Bell, was yipping so I started down the stairs to get her. I have a pair of old LL Bean slippers with a slick leather bottom. I hit the second stair and that was it. Down I went-all the way down. I would up in a heap on the landing with my feet up the wall and my head resting on the bottom stair.

The dog continued to bark.

I yelled and said the F bomb at least eight times. Then I did my damage assessment. Huge hematoma on the left elbow. Loss of skin on left forearm. Right hip has a pretty bruise. Right wrist is a little wonky (Regerism).

The dog paused. And started barking again.

I struggled to my feet, snatched her furry ass from the cage, and took her outside where she staggered around, peed on herself, and sat down in the puddle. This is the test of my marriage.

Canine style.

Charlotte got up and asked me what the yelling was about. I can't write my reply other than it was not kind.

Yeah-I did the run and that part was really good. The sweat made the elbow burn and the constant jarring really made the hip sing. I had to carry my water bottle in the other hand because my wrist hurts.

Good stuff.

Tomorrow school starts. I think I'm just going to get up and pee in an electrical outlet to get the day started right.

Wow.

No comments: