Sunday, August 3, 2008

Well, I thought about running...,

Okay, so it crossed my mind but sleep won the battle. So, it's church, afternoon running around, and then 8 tonight at Leita Thompson.

Little stiff this morning but that's more because I didn 't cool down properly yesterday. Joe Reger talks about ice baths after an intensive workout. There's something to be said for them. I've found that just running the garden hose over my quads lessens the damage/DOMS. I also use The Stick to "strip" the muscles of the lactic acid and get recovery going quicker.

After I did the Rock~Roll Half, I walked directly into the lake and sat down. I recovered pretty quick from that race. Meb (the marathon guy) goes the river behind his house and does the same.

Such is my morning rambling. I'm thinking about Six Gap but frankly not sure I want to put any effort into training for it. I guess I could just ride it just to suffer a bit....,

No comments: