Tuesday, July 8, 2008

0600 and the day has begun...,

Okay, I made Charlotte waffles and then topped them with peach jam that I made last weekend. I've pounded my second cup of coffee and am trying desperately to wake up. My goal is to be at the mountain around 7 or 8 to run a smooth 11, albeit very slow. Slow is good these days without any type of race in the NEAR future. I'm more interested in building base miles than anything else. Slow and steady is now my mantra.

Getting fat. Quick.

I'm okay with gaining a little weight, especially when out of a training cycle but...,

I'm going to apply to the Vermont 100 but don't think they take me. I haven't run a 50 yet and my most recent full marathon was in 2006. The application does say the director will consider "other endurance races." I wonder if a full Ironman counts? If anyone out there has any experience with the Vermont 100, please leave me a note. Does it fill quickly, running surface, etc..

Uh-oh. Coffee is moving...,

See ya

No comments: