Saturday, July 5, 2008

My wife saw me on TV...,

And it wasn't even on Cops! Seriously, my wife said she saw me during coverage of the Peachtree yesterday. I asked her how I looked. She said like everybody else. It's good to know I fit in...,

So, I don't like the new course but I'm not sure anybody was thrilled with it. I really don't like the race either but when I wear the shirt, it gives me a chance to talk about fitness and health. I'll probably run it again when they change the course back to a finish at Piedmont Park.

My time? Does it matter? I ran 57:22. I ran slow because 1) I just wasn't feeling it yesterday 2)it was really humid and 3)I had to dick around with the new water bottle. Speaking of which, I almost threw the damn thing in the bushes. I know when running an unsupported race, it will be invaluable but I've been running for a long time with nothing in my hands so it[the bottle] is quite noticeable. I'll get used to it.

Maybe.

So, today we're headed to Alabama to visit Charlotte's parents. They live in north Alabama where there are some some big hills. I'm taking my Trek and going to do some miles.

Six Gap looms large.

No comments: