Thursday, July 3, 2008

Looking the part...,

So, now that I have committed to the world of ultra, I have to get new stuff. That meant a trip to Big Peach Running Company. Their store is staffed with runners and tri-geeks so it's fun to go talk with them and understand each other.

I bought a water bottle. Sexy, huh?

For years, I've run with a Fuel Belt. The one I have currently has no functional zippers, very little Velcro left, and is pretty nasty looking. But, it has spent some serious time with me and I'll miss it. I went with a handheld bottle. We'll see. So far, I ain't impressed. I'm going to use it tomorrow during the Peachtree and make my decision then. It's possible the damn thing could wind up in the bin with all the other gear that is worthless.

Prediction for tomorrow? As always, finish upright. And then, who knows? I'm in Group 2 so I'm guessing I won't have a tremendous amount of human debris to wade through. I'd be happy with anything under 50:00

That said, I don't really care what my time is.

  • It's the 4th of July
  • I'm a teacher so no work until the END of July
  • And friends are coming over for some dead animal and high octane beverages

Good stuff.

Michael

No comments: