Wednesday, May 14, 2008

New Challenge-Ultra on the horizon

So, I've been thinking. A lot. About life, school, relationships, etc. I need to find the edge (sounds so Top Gun) that will show me who I am when I am reduced to nothing. I thought perhaps Ironman would do it but instead it fueled the fire to do more. Those who really know me will say I'm not really a classic Type A. I'm fairly quiet and introspective about life and who I am. So, the idea of an ultra has appeared on my radar screen. Not a baby ultra but the whole damn 100 mile ultra. I'm thinking the answer lies somewhere between mile 0 and mile 100. I've never run more than 30 miles but I'm not letting that even slow me down. Hell no, I'm thinking I can do this. All of it.

So, the plan.

There's a local 40 mile race in December. I'll run that as a training/eye opener run. Then I'll do a race in February that's super technical and has a history of eating runners alive.

Then I've already signed up for a 100 mile run. That's just how I roll. If I spend the money on it, I'm doing it. So, there ya go. Another flash of being a dumbass.

I'll publish the runs later. I'm a little freaked out by the absurdity of the quest. It looks good on a blog but probably not so good when I toe the start line.

Okay-there it is. Keep reading. I'm sure this is gonna be fun.

No comments: