Friday, May 23, 2008

It's over. The school year, I mean.

Thank God. The kids are gone, the room's packed, and I've got diving on my brain. And a motorcycle.

Gas for my diesel truck is approaching $5/gallon. Quickly. So, I'm thinking about a scooter. Not a wimpy scooter but a fast scooter that I can do around town and use it to commute to work.

The problem is-I'm scared of the damn things. A mistake can very easily make me dead. Or worse. Something in between. Some idiot talking on their cellphone while using their laptop while eating a Whooper spells greasy spot on hood. Of course, it would be like that in a subcompact as well, I guess.

Not really.

So, I'm thinking about it. Charlotte is quietly adamant against the idea. So, I'm thinking long and hard about this.

That's a new thing for me...,

No comments: