Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Ready to GO.

Yeah-I'm feeling it. The anticipation of the pain. The excitement of the race.

Triathlon is unlike any other endurance discipline. People are more low key because they know on any given day, the race can humble you (think Normann Stadler.) The pain and effort is blind to how much your bike costs, type of gel you're eating, or body type. Sure, those things might mitigate the pain somewhat but in the end, the race is about you and the voice that says, "stop-it hurts too much" and your ability to deal with that distraction.

I'll let you know how I do. Dave (my training buddy) left a comment on the blog saying I need to average 24 mph to hit a 2:20 bike split.

Maybe that's aggressive, maybe not. He could do it. So, why can't I? Again, the mystery of the race. Will my legs fire well enough on Saturday to maintain the screaming tempo I want? I think they will. I'm headed into the race way undertrained in the swim, just right on the bike, and refreshed on the run. My legs aren't tired and nothing hurts. So, again-why not? That's what the race is about for me. I'm putting everything out there. All of it. Nothing left. Charlotte is a little worried. She keeps talking about EnduroLytes and positive hydration.

Again,I'll let you know.

No comments: